Sunday, December 14, 2008

Inaugural address

Well that's what it feels like right now. I feel tentative and uncertain, like a virgin outing (well - outing in the sense of an escapade and not in the sense of social exposure - you understand I am sure) But then, who am I talking to? At the moment I am thinking aloud to myself - creating an internal audience which at the moment is quiet and receptive. The audience may soon become rowdy and abusive. These words may be read aloud to a guffawing, thigh-slapping circle of sharp-eyed intellectuals. Oh the shame! It is my first blog and I can feel the blush rising to my cheeks at the confession.
Perhaps the only solution is to focus on that quiet person with warm eyes, sitting at the back of the group. Today she is a woman, dressed in sober colours but with a sense of cleavage that hints of sensuality. Certainly there is an implicit understanding in her glance and I will address all further words to her.
I am hoping this will get easier and I will dash off insouciant yet pithy thoughts for the day into the milling, clamouring hordes.
Now is the time to publish and be damned - I just want to see what it looks like - hopefully there is a delete function.
Begone!

No comments:

Post a Comment